Orange Sunrise on the Amalfi Coast

January Sunrise on the Amalfi Coast

What a view to find outside the window this morning!

This morning started in the usual way. Laying in bed I was already awake, as I usually am, and listening for the bells of the church next door to ring three times, three times in a row at 7am. Ding ding ding, ding ding ding, ding ding ding. Toulouse wakes up when he hears the church bells and meows. It’s time to start the day! Between making coffee for my husband and oatmeal for me, there’s a moment of chaos with our outdoor cats coming in and going out and Toulouse finding the whole process enormously entertaining. But there was something spectacular happening just outside the window, and I’m so glad my husband spotted it and called me from the kitchen to take a look!

Orange Sunrise on the Amalfi Coast

A glorious orange sunrise

I spied the view out the window and ran to get my camera. Forget the coffee … the cats can wait for breakfast … all I could think about was trying to capture the orange sunrise to share with all of you. What a sight and what a way to start a Monday morning! The day ended up being quite grey and the rain began again this afternoon. You never would have thought with the way this day started!

Amalfi Coast Travel Sunrise and Moon

A sliver of a moon high in the early morning sky

Wishing you a beautiful start to your week ahead! May it be as beautiful and peaceful as an early morning January sunrise on the Amalfi Coast.

This entry was posted in Amalfi Coast and tagged , .

7 Comments

1. Janet DeSimone January 27, 2014 at 23:12 #

Stunning photos! New to your site … can’t wait for my visit to the AC IN April!

• Laura January 31, 2014 at 19:21 #

Welcome, Janet! Thank you for visiting and for your comment. The countdown begins! Is this your first visit to the Amalfi Coast?

2. nicki January 28, 2014 at 15:43 #

I was up but totally not awake enough to look out the window, so I missed it. Duh. Saw a load of photos on FB yesterday. Is that Punta Licosa in your last photo? I can see that from here on a clear day too…is that weird that we live a few towns apart but have the same view!!

• Laura January 31, 2014 at 19:20 #

Hi Nicki! It’s usually beautiful … but not that spectacular. I wish it was more often! Yes, that is Punta Licosa. We’ll have to visit one another one of these days and enjoy the fine views from another spot. :-)

3. Janet DeSimone February 1, 2014 at 00:06 #

Yes, my first visit to the AC – staying near Praiano – though I visited Sorrento and Capri years ago. Hoping for clear, sunny days in mid-April!

• Laura February 1, 2014 at 08:57 #

Sounds lovely, Janet! I love April and May – usually very nice and all the spring blossoms. Have a wonderful time!

4. Anne February 2, 2014 at 22:32 #

Fabulous , thank you for sharing . Always looks better over the mountains or the sea :-)

Love Nicki’s comment too :-) xo

One Trackback

1. [...] Orange Sunrise on the Amalfi Coast by Ciao Amalfi – And here’s another reason to love the Amalfi Coast. It’s hard not to fall in love with this spectacular stretch of coastline. [...]