Continuing with yesterday’s theme, I have more shout-outs and thanks to pass on this week on Ciao Amalfi. I have been surprised and honored with several blog awards recently, and I want to say thank you and pass on these lovely blog-themed shout-outs. A couple of weeks ago Scintilla at Bell’Avventura shared the Honest Scrap award with me, which was terribly sweet. It came with this nifty icon, too. Grazie Scintilla!
I am new to this whole blog award tradition, so I had to do a bit of reading up about it. I found that when accepting this award I needed to write a list of 10 honest things about myself. So here is a list of 10 random honest things about me that have been on my mind the last few days . . .
10 Honest Things about Me
1. I miss my family and friends every day. That is surely the hardest part of expat life.
2. I love birds. When I was a kid I had two lovebirds, a cockatiel and a parakeet. My last bird was a rather quirky canary named Marcel after Proust.
3. I want to learn the Italian names of the birds I see here on the Amalfi Coast.
4. I love the smell of jasmine in the breeze on the Amalfi Coast in the springtime.
5. Truth be told, I will always be a little afraid of the power of the sea.
6. I love floating on my back in the sea and looking up at the houses and cities clinging to the cliff sides on the Amalfi Coast.
7. I am a passionate reader, but these days I never seem to have as much time as I would like to read.
8. I have never seen a building as beautiful as the Duomo of Amalfi.
9. I covet a Nikon SLR digital camera.
10. I love the sound and the smell of an unexpected rain.
Doing a bit more research, I found that this blog award “is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.” There are so many wonderful blogs out there, but here are a few of my new finds & favorite stops. Enjoy!
7 Brilliant Blogs to Follow
Lost in Sicilia