First Day of Autumn on the Amalfi Coast

Vintage Red Fiat 500 on the Amalfi Coast

Happy first day of autumn! Or, at least the calendar says it’s the first day of autumn. The weather is a perfect sunny and 75° with a lovely breeze today. Autumn? Well, not quite yet on the Amalfi Coast. September is often one of the most pleasant months of the year, with weather still warm enough to enjoy the beach and cool enough to actually enjoy the beach. But I do have autumn on the mind since I love the colors and watching the seasons change. Last year I shared photographs of autumn colors in Ravello and an autumn walk in Scala. Since I can’t do much yet with autumn colors, this lovely red vintage Fiat 500 will just have to do. That’s an autumn color, right? I walked around a corner in Scala yesterday morning and this little beauty was caught between the sun and shade of the sycamore trees. Not a leaf on the ground … not yet at least!

Happy autumn from the Amalfi Coast!

This entry was posted in Amalfi, Driving, Ravello, Scala, Seasons.

6 Comments

1. LindyLouMac in Italy September 25, 2012 at 12:35 #

I can never resist taking s photo of a vintage Fiat 500, even the new one has grown on me. :)

• Laura September 25, 2012 at 13:52 #

Ciao Linda! I like the new Fiat 500 as well. But there’s just something about those vintage ones that really catches the eye! :-)

2. Mike September 27, 2012 at 18:33 #

Ciao Laura,

Looking forward to your fall pictures! The light angles have changed and there is the beginning of color in the trees here at lat 42′. I do love the transitions between seasons as you see things changing day to day.

Vivi Bene, Ama Molto, Ridi Spesso!

• Laura October 1, 2012 at 09:50 #

Enjoy autumn, Mike! :-)

3. Sandra October 1, 2012 at 02:43 #

Remembering fondly my fall on the beautiful Amalfi Coast…and our walk around Scala! Can’t wait to do it again. Thanks for the memories, Laura!

• Laura October 1, 2012 at 09:51 #

Wish you were here this autumn!! Love you, Mom!